Fire Protection Technician
City Fire Protection Ltd are excited to offer this role for an experienced Fire Protection Technician who will fit in with the family orientated ethos and ethics of our company, established in 2003, and become an integral member of our business.
This is exciting opportunity to join our small team and expanding business will suit an experienced individual who is looking to work for a growing company and expand their responsibilities.
The suitable candidate will work in Gloucestershire and the surrounding areas, including the Forest of Dean, Wiltshire, Cotswolds and Worcestershire. This role of a multi-disciplined Fire Protection Technician will suit an experienced candidate and will include, but not limited to, Fire Alarm Installation & Small Works, Fire Alarm Maintenance, Fault Finding, Fire Extinguisher Maintenance, Emergency Lighting Maintenance & Repairs. You will also be required to be included in our out of hours on-call rota.
Our ideal candidate:
- 5 + years experience in the Fire Industry and experience in a similar role.
- Smart in appearance.
- A team player with a “can do” attitude.
- A passion for Fire Safety, pride in their own work and attention to detail.
- Good punctuality to meet with scheduled appointments.
- A excellent verbal communicator, both with colleagues and customers.
- Clear and concise writing for service reports.
- A knowledge and understanding of Heath & Safety requirements.
- Hold a clean, Full UK Driving Licence.
The Ideal Candidates Role:
- Good knowledge and understanding of conventional, addressable & wireless Fire Alarm Systems
- Installation, service & maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems, conventional, addressable & wireless.
- Fault finding and repairs of Fire Alarm Systems, conventional, addressable & wireless.
- Basic knowledge of AOV Systems, service & repair.
- Service & repair of Emergency Lighting
- Service & installation of Fire Extinguishers – Not essential and training can be provided.
- Knowledge of Fire Safety Signs – (survey & installation) – Not essential and training can be provided.
- Knowledge of BS 5839 & BS 5266, BS 5499 & BS 5306.
- Ideally you will be multi disciplined in service & maintenance, small works, fault-finding and installation.
- Knowledge of C-Tec, Advanced, Kentec, EDA and other closed protocol systems.
- Ability to problem solve on-site and over the phone.
- Commitment to the on-call rota (1 week per month minimum)
What we provide:
- Full company Workwear & PPE
- Company Vehicle (Medium Van)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Tools and Equipment for daily tasks.
- Company ID Badge
- Mobile Phone
Working Hours & Holiday:
- 37.5 hours per week minimum.
- Monday – Friday
- Occasional weekend work – Overtime paid at time + half.
- 1 Week of out of hours on-call rota per month (£150.00 retainer) – Compulsory
- 28 days statutory paid holiday per annum.
£32,000 – £35,000 a year – Full-time, Permanent