Fire Extinguisher Site Surveys
Fire extinguisher site surveys are a legal requirement under British Standards BS5306-3. These standards apply to all commercial premises, including schools and also landlords that rent accommodation. We offer comprehensive site surveys to ensure your premises is compliant with these regulations. Our qualified engineers operate across Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon, Worcestershire and Wiltshire. To arrange a fire extinguisher site survey, contact City Fire Protection on 01452 530669.
Why Do I Need a Survey?
A survey is essential to ensure your premises is compliant with fire legislation. Furthermore, every building and business will have different needs in order to provide the best level of fire safety. For example, some businesses will need certain classes of fire extinguishers due to the materials that are stocked within the building. In addition, the design of your building will dictate where the extinguishers need to be located to provide a robust fire safety provision within your building.
What Does a Site Survey Involve?
Site surveys are necessary to ensure your property meets the relevant legal requirements surrounding fire safety. When you book a survey with us, one of our engineers will arrive at the agreed time, perform the survey and report back to you with a list of recommendations and ways to improve your fire safety provision. When we visit your property, we will:
- Inspect the premises to determine if it is compliant with fire legislation
- Advise on the level of your current fire safety arrangements and recommend ways to improve it
- Check that all extinguishers and additional signage comply with British Standards
- Provide advice relating to fire safety including legislation
- Provide a quotation for recommended improvements